7 lb 13 oz
20 1/4 in long
incredibly adorable!
I'm so sorry for all of you out-of-staters who have been waiting for this post, here it is, just a week late! (typical of me) So, IT'S A BOY!!!! (just in case you hadn't heard!) He finally came into this world at 5:30 pm on Monday, June 22. After a long day of labor, they finally told me just after 5:00 that it was time to start pushing. Compared to the other two, it was relatively easy (as if pushing out a baby is easy). No tearing, and no episiotomy! Which means no stitches!!! Healing has been quite nice this time around, I only downed the pain killers for 4 days compared to two weeks with the others. As to be expected I am exhausted, just ask my neighbors who have heard him screaming at 1 or 2 in the morning! :) But, when I look at how adorable he is, it makes it all worth it in the end! So without further ado, here's those long awaited pictures!
IT'S A BOY!!!

When he came out he was MAD!!! The nurse who took him kept saying how strong he was and that we better never leave him anywhere, because he won't be there when we get back! I told her I knew he was a wiggler because I felt him completely rotate in my stomach atleast 4 times that last week of pregnancy. He even tried to escape his little bed, I looked over and his little hand was in a death grip on the side as the nurse was trying to check him out. We tried to get a picture but missed it.

Proud and exhausted mommy


Proud and well rested daddy :)

Rachel wanted a girl, but couldn't resist falling instantly in love with that cute little face!

Logan is just excited to have a baby!
He kept asking "Is he mine?" - yes, forever and ever!


One big happy family - just minus mom who is still paralyzed from the epideral.

A very tired mom and Joshua after coming home from the hospital. (2 days old)

All in a days work - Joshua chillin' with daddy while he works on the computer. (3 days old)

We tried to get an open eye shot, didn't work too well. He sleeps like his daddy. (3 days old)

Hangin' out in the swing. (5 days old)

Finally that open eye shot we'd been waiting for. (6 days old)

This kid loves his car seat - he'll sleep for hours in it. This was after coming home from the ultrasound. (7 days old)

Can't resist taking a picture of those huge yawns!

His latest photo - he's asleep on the bed while I'm doing this post. (I know I'm a bad mom letting him sleep on his belly, but hey, I'm in the room and he sleeps ten times better and longer like that!) (9 days old)
ULTRASOUND UPDATE...
So he had his ultrasound yesterday, and it went pretty well. His right kidney still has quite a bit of fluid on it, and the left has a smaller amount. But here's the good news, the uretercele that was in the bladder has completely disapeared! Although that confuses me because they said that was what was causing the fluid in the kidneys. So now I wonder if that is gone now, will the kidneys slowly drain on their own? I am sure hoping so! I am going to ask my doctor for another ultrasound in about 6 weeks to see, so that if we can avoid those other painful tests, we can. I think he has been so blessed by all your prayers. Thank you everyone!
And thanks to my incredible mother-in-law who stayed with us for over a week, and ran my house for me. The meals were great and she left my house so clean, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! And thanks to Max for taking this whole week off to help out with the kids, he is loving it and so are Rachel and Logan. Thanks also to all my wonderful neighbors for all the yummy food and all the help with my kids. I love you all!



15 comments:
He's adorable!!! Congratulations!
Oh Maria, he's just the cutest little guy!! It makes me so anxious to hold my own little one. He does look a lot like Rachel. I'm so glad everything went well. Can you believe all of that little guy was inside you?!! It's just a miracle how it all plays out. Congrats!! We love you!!
Terry and Sadie
FINALLY! I was worried that the reason you hadn't posted was because something was wrong. I should've remembered that it was just you. :)
Congratulations. He's a keeper.
I just love him so much already. He is so cute. I am so happy for you. Please send you kids over anytime. They are always welcome.
What a handsome little man! Great news on the ultrasound!! I hope he eats and sleeps good for you!
congratulations!!
What a sweet little guy! I'm glad that this delivery was easier than the last! He is SO STINKING CUTE! n surprises there! :)
He is adorable. Great news on the ultra sound. See you this weekend.
Seriously he is perfect! Are you ever coming my way? My lens is drooling! So happy the ultrasound was good news!
He really is adorable and what a sweet addition to your already wonderful family! CONGRATS!!! (Call me anytime if you need a break and want me to come take your kids. Lukas misses Rachel.)
Maria he is SO ADORABLE! He is so handsome and has such cute chubby cheeks. You look great like always (JERK! :))lol. I am glad that you are doing well, and hip hip horray for no stiches :) P.s. I am glad that you wrote how many days old each picture was, I do that too and am afraid people think I am crazy for doing it, but they change SO much from day to day. :)
Congratulations, Maria! Joshua is beautiful! I've been checking, but didn't get to check this week until today. I'm so glad he's here and healthy. It sounds like you guys have definitely seen some miracles in your life. We have been praying and will continue to. Keep the updates coming! You look wonderful--like an after-mommy-model! BEAUTIFUL!!!
He is so cute!!! Congarts!!! I love seeing the pictures!!
Yeah! I am so excited for you! Have fun adjusting to three! It is actually really fun! I'll keep checking for more cute pics! Jules
By the way, I like the name that you chose. Something funny though, my first kiss was a boy named Josh Jenkins....lol!
Post a Comment