
On April 1st we celebrated Max's 32nd birthday- man you're getting old! (I just like to tease him because no matter how old he gets I will always be 5 years younger!) April Fools is a great birthday to have - I can say that because it's not mine! I was pretty nice to him this year, I only pulled the usual prank that I have done every year for the past 7 years. I tape down the sprayer on the sink so when he goes to get a drink first thing in the morning, he gets hosed down. The only drawback to this trick is that it is really easy to forget and in turn drench yourself! I was being so careful not to forget, but of course I did and sprayed myself, oh well - it was still completely worth it to see him having to change his clothes and mop up the kitchen floor. It got him pretty good!!!
We have a tradition at out house to decorate the kitchen for birthdays. Here's a picture of Max with Rachel and Logan - he's anxiously waiting to open all his presents.
Logan gave him a superman cape and a captain america one as well. (Max is the one who asked for them - he wants to run around the house with Logan in them) I guess no matter how old he gets, he'll always be a little boy deep down inside.
Rachel gave him a new work belt, and a tie that she picked out all by herself (she did a great job and of course I forgot to get a picture!)
From me he got a pump and a little pouch for his bike and a shower head. Totally random I know - he's been asking for the bike stuff since last fall and I got him the shower head because when we were in New Zealand one of the hotels we stayed in had the best shower in the world, we loved it! It had one of those "rain" shower heads so I decided to give him one so we could remember New Zealand every time we shower!
After opening presents I took Max to his favorite place- Market Street Grill for lunch - mmmm it was so yummy! Then we wanted to spend the rest of the day with the kids because they can't get enough of birthdays!!! We took them to see "Monsters -vs- Aliens" and they loved it. It was Logan's first time to the movies and his eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. They loved the drinks, popcorn, and treats the best (they get that from their mom) After the movies we went to the pet store by the theater and let them see the animals. It was a really fun day and we were all exhausted by the end of it.
Happy Birthday Max! We love you so much and think you are the best ever. You are such a sweet and thoughtful husband and a very fun and loving dad! It's no wonder the kids like you best! :)

These pictures are from my sister Melanie and her family out in Chicago. Max had to go out there for business a few weeks ago and they treated him with an early party! Thanks so much for that Kings! We wish you guys lived closer, much closer.



7 comments:
Sounds like a great birthday. I would love it! Thanks for your cheering. It IS good news, huh? I can't stop doing little happy dances!!! Or using exclamation points!!!!!! I am getting a used car seat so may be a car seat cover wouldn't be a bad idea. :) My sisters are going to throw me a shower in Salt Lake since so many of my cousins and aunts live there, so you will definitely be invited. We'll do it after the baby comes. But I am so excited and I will keep you posted with any new news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy birthday to your hubby...sounds like you had a fun day! :)
Fun Birthday, You forgot to mention you git him the day off! I think that puts you what up there! I thought that was Brian in one of those pictures, glad you explained. So does Max have any tights to go along with his cape?
Wow, he's old! Looks like he got spoiled on his birthday, and the whole family had a fun day! Happy Birthday Max!
I too tried that prank with the sink and always end up soaking myself...duh haha. that is funny that his b-day is on April fools. That cake looks pretty full of candles..don't catch the house on fire...haha. I love the shower head, so every day can remind you of New Zealand, that is awesome. Very cute. Looks like he had a great birthday!
Happy birthday! Sounds like it was a birthday for the whole family! What a fun day!
Maria,
Random question...but where do you get your cute head bands for you and for Rachel? They are the ones that are thicker on top and then have the stretchy that goes around your head. Rachel wore one the Sunday we were all there at Grandma's. It was really cute and I'd like to get some for Corie and Gracie for Easter. I thought I would check at Claire's but wondered where you got yours. Thanks!!
Post a Comment