Monday, March 16, 2009

I officially feel OLD...






Okay, not really. Maybe when I'm 30! Yesterday was my birthday and of course I have no pictures to prove it. These photos were taken by my sister Miranda when we were at a children's play place in Idaho Falls called Blast Off. Yes that ball pit is meant for 5 and under, but hey, I look 5 don't I? And yes I am pregnant (I just didn't know it for a few more days) My sister has a really cool camera that can capture tons of pictures in seconds, and to watch the whole thing in slow motion is pee your pants funny! But I don't know how to do that on a blog!
We started the celebration Saturday night, Max took me to a really nice place in Provo called Chef's Table. It was a surprise and I knew it was going to be nice when he said, "no jeans" Well I can't fit into much so I wore a skirt and when Max came out in slacks, I knew it was going to be really nice!!! I have NEVER seen him wear slacks to dinner with me, Khakis yes, but slacks, no! (not even at the unbelievably fancy places we went to in Kawaii or Costa Rica) It was so nice and I loved the food, thanks Max it was a great surprise!
Sunday morning he offered me breakfast in bed, but I'm super picky right now, sorry to ruin that for you and the kids Max, but it's the thought that counts right? Then I opened gifts, Logan picked out some red and tan thongs (I mean flip-flops - I just think that word is funny) Rachel got me some new Cool Waters perfume, and Max gave me some $ to spend on one of my many home decor wants! We went to church where I found out I was being released from the Relief Society Presidency (they released all of us) and got a new calling, but I can't say it yet. :) Then we took naps and went to my brother Brandon's house for dinner. Jen (his wife) was so nice to plan dinner for us and made all my favorites! (thanks to Michelle also!) We had Hawaiian Chicken, Oriental salad, rice and rainbow cake with confetti frosting! It was awesome guys! Thanks to everyone for making my day great! And thanks to my sisters who posted sweet birthday things on their blogs for me. I loved all the memories! I have the best family ever! So happy birthday to me!!!

11 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Birthday! Those pictures are great!! You can't feel old when you're 30 because I'm about to turn 30 and that would mean I'm old. YIKES!!! Just saying that made me feel old. They do say that 30 is the new 20 :) Anyway, Happy Birthday, glad it was a good one! When are we going to see your New Zealand pictures!!

Jessica said...

Sounds great, it was good to talk to you today! Glad you had a fun day and love that we are a day apart....plus a few years :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That is such a fun picture at blast-off! Your birthday sounded like fun! Husbands are so good at surprises sometimes... yours did good! My hubby surprised me with David Archuletta tickets for this weekend! Raise the roof!
Jules

Miranda said...

Isn't it great when we have more fun than the adults at blast off! Glad you had a great Birthday! Another year closer to me...

Lara Zierke said...

You'll never grow old, that's for sure!

Hey, I have a dumb question. You inspired me to plant flower and veggie seeds this year and it's my firstest time. I ended up getting the pre-made squared of dirt with decomposable containers that you plant right into the ground. So...I planted the seeds. I watered them. Do I need to put plastic wrap on them? If I do that, do I still continue to water them? Any other tips and directions? I'm a dork, but I am learning!

Liz Smith said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! sounds like you had fun. we never made it out to chef's table, but have always been curious to try it. maybe the next time we're in utah.... :)

Windy said...

I am about to turn 30 this year..don't make me sound old. Haha. You are such a crackup. I am glad you had a fun birthday, you deserve it. I cannot wait to find out what your new calling is.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! I'm glad Max treated you to a great evening out, and that the family took care of you too! Maybe next year, I'll include myself in the festivities, we'll see how I feel about it! :) J/K, It's just exciting to know I'll be there next year!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Maria - I wish we could have been there to party! I am coming to SLC for 10 days - i will call you tomorrow - what is your number???? email me or post it here or to my blog - we need to CHAT!! LATA!

Mike and Timette said...

Happy Happy Birthday you youngn' --maybe when your 30, just remember that's going to be the age of your older neighbor. :)

Janae said...

I am sooo glad you had a great b-day! I'm sorry I didn't call or blog, but my computer has been down. I think you are an amazing lady and am glad you are my sis-in-law! Happy "late" b-day!