Monday, March 9, 2009

I officially feel HUGE

Today I am really feeling the burden of a big belly! I get winded climbing out of bed, it hurts to sit down because my ribs are being pushed up and out, I look like I'm 80 when I try to bend over, my back is killing me, if I burp - I almost throw-up (my stomach is in my throat), if I cough or sneeze - I pee my pants (we've already discussed that) ect, ect, ect. I could think of a million other things to complain about, but I won't bore you. Max is in Chicago all week and I was just talking to him on the phone and I said, "I feel so huge today!" His reply was, "Well, you are!" Thanks babe, love ya tons! He told me if I haven't realized it yet, I should except the fact and that it's only going to get bigger. Thanks for keeping me level headed, I need that sometimes! The worst part, I still have 15 1/2 weeks left of growing! Ouch!!!!
Here's a picture I took tonight, I've been taking pictures all along, maybe I'll post them now.


So here's where it all began, this is 4 weeks (3 days after I found out)
Goodbye flat tummy...


6 weeks


10 weeks


14 weeks


16-18 weeks (can't remember!)


20 weeks- I have tons of belly shots from New Zealand, but they are all on Max's computer and I keep forgetting to download them to mine and then he keeps going out of town, so stay tuned, hopefully that post will be soon!

24 weeks (you've already seen the damage)

I know in 15 weeks I'm going to look back at this 24 week photo and think, "I was sooo tiny, what did I have to complain about?" But for now, it hurts! So I'm going to complain!
On a positive note, I get love taps (if kicks and punches can be called that) constantly from this child, I think it's my most active yet. I enjoy it, even the painful ones, because I know it's in there thriving! I like to compare my belly to watching a bag of microwave popcorn popping, you can always see it moving around if you watch closely. Fun times. Now I'm going to take all my meds so I can sleep tonight! Sweet dreams! :)

15 comments:

mom2jjk said...

OK, now I believe you that you are pregnant! It is hard when you don't live near the pregnant person to feel like it is real. I need evidence to believe it. So I can see that you are growing at the same rate as your plants! Cute belly. Give it a love tap for us!

Lara Zierke said...

You may be "huge" but you are still darling. Oh, and the most sickening part???? Your butt is so teensy. Yuck! You look better pregnant than I do any given day. :)

Christiansen's said...

You seriously are such an adorable pregnant lady. What a good idea to of taken a picture of what you looked like right when you found out I never thought about that, I think though it would probably just depress me when looking at it wondering if I will ever look like that again, you for sure will like the week after.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Maria,

I remember those days all too well so I totally feel for ya; but you do look darling and I admire you so much for always having a smile on your face (even when talking about throwing up!) I hope you had a blast on your trip and I can't wait till it's summer and I actually see my neighbors again. (also I don't know how you do it with Max gone so often. Please call if you ever need anything. I tend to be a hermit and never know what is going on. Sorry I am an awful neighbor.)

Miranda said...

Wow you guys have done some growing since I saw you last. It is crazy to look at your flat tummy to the baby bump! Our bodies are an amazing thing! Love the love taps and the popcorn comparison. You are so funny!

Tracy Giles said...

You look really cute! Definitely all baby! Can't wait to see your pictures from New Zealand. Also, I love the new family photo you put at the top of the blog. It's a really good picture of you guys. Such a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Maria! I am so glad that you found my blog! This will be so fun to keep in touch! You are gorgeous and your kids are adorable! Everything that you do looks like so much fun! Except throwing up :)! Good luck with baby #3! It is so much fun!
Jules

Unknown said...

You look great! So cute! You are good to take pics of your tummy, I don't have a single one of me! I told myself I would be better this pregancy and I haven't! So I need to take some, esp after seeing yours, very fun to see the changes!

Mac and Dixie said...

So cute! I love those pictures. You are the cutest pregnant girl ever! I can get you some peppermint oil from my sister. A bottle is $10.50. Its a little more expensive than at the health foods store because this kind is more pure. I will be seeing her next weekend and can bring you some if you would like. Let me know.
-Dixie

mom2jjk said...

I see you got my funny e-mail with the stick figures!

Jen said...

You look great Maria! I love the family picture as well. I wish my rear end stayed small like yours, but as evidence is apparent, it doesn't!

Liz Smith said...

wow, i cant tell you enough how much these posts make me look forward to pregnancy in the FAR DISTANT future. :P eeek!

but seriously, you're such a cute pregnant lady!!! hope all continues to go well over the next few weeks. :)

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

What a cute little baby bump! You are such a cute pregnant person! I'm so excited to be around when this little one enters the world. That means it is less than 15 weeks when I move, wow, I've got a lot to do!

Lara Zierke said...

Happy Birthday! Not for 15 more minutes, but at least I remembered! We're getting old!

littlelamb's said...

You are so cute as always. It is fun to see what you guys are up to. Happy Belated Bday to you and Max. We miss you guys.