Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For all you Smartie-Pants!

The past few weeks I have had friends and family fess-up to me that they know the sex of my baby because they googled the condition that it has and found out that way. Well, I just thought I would stomp out your little fires! :)
This morning I decided to do some research of my own and this is what I found out...
First of all, my baby has a condition called "ureterocele" which I will quote my resource, "In this condition called ureteroceles, the distal ureter balloons at its opening into the bladder, forming a sac-like pouch."..."Ureteroceles strikes only one in 4,000 individuals, at least four fifths of whom are female."
Then as I continued my research, I looked up "hydronephrosis" which is another term my doctor gave me and this is what I found:
"Hydronephrosis is dilation or stretching of the area of kidneys where urine collects that can occur when there is an obstruction of urine flow somewhere along the urinary tract, most often in the upper section."..."It is four to five times more common in males than females."
So, for all you smartie-pants out there, try again!!!
The good news, you have a 50/50 chance of guessing it right! :) :) :)

8 comments:

mom2jjk said...

Well, I still say it's a ????

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I still think my assumption is correct! Nathan loves to find out more about medical problems and researched it too...yep I still think it is a baby!

Lara Zierke said...

Ha ha! Too funny. Sheldon Andrus's brother T.J. had a baby with a very similar condition and it was a boy.

Windy said...

You are such a crackup! Haha I cannot wait to find out what it is! It will be so exciting! Thank goodness for Google, where would we all be without it?

Miranda said...

Let's just hope our research saying it was a girl is correct because Rachel is going to have a rough time if not. You are a nerd!

Liz Smith said...

haha...that's hilarious. i think nathan and annie miller's comment is the best. :)

Lara Zierke said...

In case you didn't see it on Julie's blog, they finally named their girl! Audrey Olivia Groff. I like it. Audrey was my suggestion about a month ago, so I take full credit for that. :)

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Yes, but I think your little girl's hydronephrosis is caused by the ureterocele. Therefore the odds are in the estrogen favor. J/K you still have a one in five chance of your baby being a boy. Nathan