
I don't enjoy posts as much if there isn't a picture, so here's one that kinda sums up my day so far.
It's a good thing I'm in a great mood today or I might be crying right now!!!
So, here is how it all started. I woke up today at 10 a.m. (hence the great mood) thankfully my kids slept in too. We have all been suffering from a cold for the past few days and so we have all been just a little miserable. So I do my normal morning routine, wake up, drink my brown drink (cheers to health), wait 15 minutes, then eat my breakfast. Well, thanks to this cold I have a nasty cough this morning.
Bad cough + 23 weeks pregnant + Full tummy = DISASTER
No more than 5 minutes after I eat my breakfast I am cleaning up the kitchen when I start coughing so hard I start puking (thank goodness I was at the sink) and all that horrible pressure of coughing and puking makes me pee my pants as well. (and to make matters worse - we ate asparagus for dinner last night) :) Well, I can't stop. everything I eat or drink comes right back up once I start coughing again, and the whole peeing thing happens again. I'm not sure who has peed their pants more this morning, Logan or me (we are potty training Logan) So now I have a pile of laundry that smells worse than a nursing home.
Well, the only cure for all this mess is a long hot shower. I am in my bathroom ready to climb in the shower when Rachel comes in. Any of you who have a five year old, knows how obsessed they are with the human body. So she starts asking me a million questions then hugs and kisses my naked belly and I think, "oh, you're soooo sweeeet!!!" I thought too soon... The next words out of her mouth are "MOM, YOU'RE SO FAT!!!!" emphasis not exagerated! I respond by laughing and she says, "No mom, you're just really fat!" I then pull the curtain closed. So I take my hot shower giggling the whole time as I think about how hilarious my day has been and wonder if it's going to get even funnier! Like I said, it's a good thing I'm in a great mood today!
It could be worse...



10 comments:
Isn't it so much fun being pregnant! But you won't get a whole lot of sympathy from this sister who is awakened at 6 pretty much EVERY morning by her 3 year old who thinks sleep is optional! I hope your new "it" is an early riser. :)
Sounds like a wonderful morning! MMmm, do I smell asparagus? Good luck to the both of you with the whole potty training!!
That'll teach ya for eating asparagus! Good thing you were in a good mood. What a rough morning. Glad your self-esteem isn't shattered. I always loved your sunny attitude.
Okay Maria, you are hilarious. I am sorry you have not been feeling well. What the heck is a brown drink? That sounds gross enough to make me barf, haha I hope you get feeling better soon and here is to hoping today goes better for you!
So did all this happen just after I hung up with you? So I am worried that Logan is going to have a hard time being potty trained because he sees his Mom pee her pants! Wish I would have been there....with nose plugs and rubber gloves. You are a nut!
I love you Maria, and I think you LOOK AMAZING!! Keep up that great smile.
way to be positive! my goodness, i know i would not be at all cheerful if i had a day like that. sleeping in is always a wonderful thing. hope you dont have anymore days like that.
This is so funny--the belly part--it reminds me of a child of mine. I hope your cold and cough go away.
all you can do is laugh at times like that. really. it is pretty funny though. i'm sorry you had a crappy morn, but you gave me a great laugh. and now...i need to know what logan ate that was worse than poo. i have a couple of guesses. call me sometime.
I'm glad to see that Pooses geriatrics on the go is gone. Hopefully it doesn't come back any time soon. You do look amazing. Jaxon told me that soon if my belly keeps growing it's going to be as big as his papa's. Papa didn't enjoy that comment as much as I did. Thanks again for bailing me out the other night.
Post a Comment