Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rachel is 5!!! (2 months ago)

This is pure, classic Maria right here. 2 months later I post my first-born's birthday! Well, Happy late birthday anyway Rachel! I can't believe I have a 5 year old!!! It doesn't seem that long ago that she was born. Here's a look back 5 years ago...
Newborn...

Newborn...

Blessing Day (2 months old)...

6 months old...


And Now She's 5!!!!

As tradition the birthday fairy visits during the night and decorates the kitchen for the birthday girl.


Then it was party time. She requested a "Hannah Montana" birthday party. What the heck do you do at a Hannah Montana birthday party? Thank goodness for the internet (I got some cute ideas there last minute) Unfortunately I didn't get very many pictures from the party, I was too busy running around trying to keep 16 party guests entertained!!! We listened and danced to music (of course it was Hannah Montana), made microphones and decorated them with glitter and stickers, played musical stars, and each kid got to make their own body-glitter and decorate the container with jewels. Needless to say it was a hit!
opening all her presents from friends

Making a wish...(to be Hannah Montana no doubt)

My mom used to make us cakes like this, I was surprised that it actually wasn't that hard, just a little tedious.

Then after a much deserved nap for all of us we went to Red Robin (her choice) for dinner. And of course she had to wear her new Hannah Montana shirt and the new crown and jewels she got!
Waiting to be seated

Birthday Girl and Daddy

Logan and Mommy

They know how to treat a Birthday Girl at Red Robin!

Opening her scooter from Mom and Dad, but did we get a picture of her riding it? OH no, of course not! :)


It ended up being a great day and we all had a ball. We love you Rachel and are so glad Heavenly Father chose you to come to our family! You are a little angel and mommy loves all your help and sweetness!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I was a little confused when I read the title because I thought her birthday was earlier and I thought right! Good to see you back on here.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Wow, I can't believe she is five! What a cutie she is. Aida remembers playing at Rachel's house when we were in Utah. So she tells everyone that she is moving to Utah with her cousin Rachel. It's pretty cute!

Windy said...

Yay a post finally. Maria, she is so beautiful like her mommy! I am glad she had a happy birthday! Very cute!!

Miranda said...

So nice to know you haven't forgotten how to blog, not that I have much room to talk! Looks like you pulled Hanah Montana together very nicely, Billy Ray would be proud! Nice job on the cake!

Ryan & Keri said...

She's five?! I can't believe it! And I LOVE your birthday cake! That's pretty amazing, and yet, why am I surprised? This is Maria we're talking about--she can do ANYTHING crafty! Sounds like Rachel had a great day, two months ago! :D)

Tracy Giles said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 5. I remember the day she was blessed like it was yesterday. Happy Birthday!!!