Thursday, January 29, 2009

Prayers for our Baby

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. I'm only 19 weeks but the doctor wanted to see the baby before our trip to New Zealand next week. Everything looks pretty good except two things. First the baby's bladder is about twice the size it should be and is being divided by a flap of skin (which shouldn't even exist) Due to that flap of skin, half the bladder isn't draining curectly and is draining into one of the kidneys. That is what is creating the second problem, fluid in the right kidney. It's nothing to panic too much about but I do have to see a Perinatologist on Wednesday and he is going to do a thorough examination of the baby and its bladder and kidney. If they find any changes or anything else wrong then that is when it gets serious. I was told that I am now considered a high risk pregnancy and that this baby will be monitored pretty closely for the remaining 20 weeks.
We just wanted to ask that you keep this baby in your prayers and just pray that nothing else will go wrong. As of now, it is something that can be fixed, so we are just praying that everything else will be okay. We love you all and are so grateful for all your love and support.
P.S. No we did not find out the sex! You'll just have to wait till June to know!

12 comments:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm so sorry! We'll keep your little one in our prayers. We had to deal with the follow -up ultrasounds due to the fluid in Ariah's kidneys, but her bladder was always just fine. But it is a little scary not knowing what all of it means. Hang in there, and we'll pray in the meantime!

mom2jjk said...

Oh Poosie Doo! Your little one and it's mommy and daddy are in our prayers!

Your memories of Kara are not that far off. She still screams when I leave but she is also pretty fun!

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

You and baby wil be in our prayers. We love you guys

Christiansen's said...

That is so amazing how they are able to figure out all of these things by an ultrasound. I hope everything works out.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Gosh Maria that's so tough. I promise you will be in our prayers daily.

Jessica said...

I think we all take for granted healthy babies, I am so sorry and we will pray for you guys for sure. I still can't believe you don't peek, esp since you were SOOO close to the parts looking at the bladder and kidneys. Wow, you are better than I am :) Hope you are holding up okay, I will call you later! Thinking of you!

E Winzeler said...

Love You...you're in good hands with a good doctor! We're thinking of you!

Liz Smith said...

we will definitely keep your baby in our prayers. i hope everything turns out to be fine.

as for the shoes, they were a nordstrom purchase. i guess they really werent on super sale, i had a $50 gift card from xmas that i used so it felt like a sale to me. :) here's the link so you can copy it to your browser. you should definitely splurge on them, theyre fun and you deserve it! (then again, im always a bad influence when it comes to spending money) :) happy shopping! :) :) :)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2967681/0~2376780~6009391~6009882~6009886~6019306?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6019306&P=1

Liz Smith said...

oh, and have fun in NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!! we are JEALOUS!!! jared has always wanted to go to australia and/or new zealand. we cant wait to see pics! :)

Tracy Giles said...

We will absolutely keep your baby in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything. Have fun in New Zealand.

Mike and Timette said...

Everything will be OK, just you see. The Secret, postive thoughts. We will be praying for you and your little one. --PS have fun in New Zealand.

Windy said...

Maria, you and your little one will definetly be in our prayers too. Your positive attitude is amazing. everything will turn out great! I am so excited for you two and your trip to New Zealand. I hope you have a ton of fun!!