Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I did it!!!!



So I know that a lot of you thought that I had chickened-out of cutting my hair, but I didn't. I was just waiting for the right person to do it. I either wanted my sister-in-law Nadine, or my family hair stylist Christi. I've only been to St. George once since the decision to cut it and that was for the family reunion, and I couldn't ask Nadine to do it because she was in charge of the family reunion (which you guys did an awesome job!) she had mastitis, and they were blessing their baby that weekend. So Idaho Falls was the next stop so I did it! It turned out about 2" shorter than I expected, but I LOVE the bangs. I have only cried once, and it was when I showered for the first time and there was no hair to wash! It has taken some getting used to, "bad bang days" really suck, who knew! So after years, and years, and years of long hair, it is gone. The part that is hard for me to swallow is that if I want it long again, it will take me 4-5 years to get it back to where it was! So all of you with long hair out there, keep it long and let me enjoy it precariously through you. Thanks! :)
Special thanks to Erin for taking pictures of me, we both felt really silly about it especially when her dad caught us. Thanks for the laughs and the pictures Erin!

20 comments:

Christiansen's said...

Oh my heavens, I LOVE IT! I am the worst person for change too, but I have finally gotten used to my short hair and think I actually keep it short for a while. I hope Max likes it because you look gorgeous!

Nadine said...

crying is not allowed when you look so HOT! seriously...so cute on you. what did max think? and it really doesn't look short to me. then again...i was taught anything longer than shoulder length is still long.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

LOVE IT!!!

Windy said...

Maria you could be beautiful even if you were bald!! I love it though. I like to have change on me. It is fun to try knew things out!!

Sadie said...

You look so cute! So now you know, either shorter or long you still look beautiful!! I'll bet Max loved it! How couldn't he?? Love ya!

Jessica said...

That looks really cute - but That is hardly a short cut - I think your hair is still longer than mine :) Way to go cutting it!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love it Poo! It looks so cute on you, and I like the side part-very classy!You've started it now, it's only going to get shorter and shorter!! J/K!

Miranda said...

It looks so cute on you! You should have had me e-mail your before pictures so you could post it to! Wait what am I saying I can barely get out of bed let alone e-mail! You look older to me!P.S. I am so excited for my books!

Jen said...

I love it Maria! You could pull anything off though. Thanks for your help with the books and blog. I got my books yesterday!

Melissa said...

Looks Great! You look very polished!!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Love it!!! So cute!!

Lara Zierke said...

YAY!!!!!! Finally! You don't look seventeen anymore! J/K (At some point, we'll being dying to look 17 again). I remember one time we were at Vanessa's for New Year's and we made a time capsule and one of our questions/predictions involved when Maria would cut her hair. I don't know what happened to that time capsule, but I would love to see who was closest. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! You are freakin' gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Maria! I love your hair I just went in to dye my hair AGAIN at like 10:30 this morning and I love it!!! I bet that Max loved it!!!
-mIkAn MaNgUm

E Winzeler said...

You look amazingly beautiful as usual! I know Max absolutley loves it...after all you give him blisters :)! You're a brave woman hun and it paid off...you look gorgeous! Yea, just like Max thinks we act like we're in juniorhigh, I'm sure my dad was thinking the same thing when he opened the front door and there we were enjoying every moment of our little photo shoot! Thanks for tonight, we love you guys!

JaNece said...

It's a fun change! Very cute!

Jen said...

It really is beautiful, and it is still long!!!!

Tracy Giles said...

You look great!!!! What does Max think? I'm so glad that you didn't chicken out. I LOVE it!

Ryan & Keri said...

It looks great! You are beautiful, Maria.

mom2jjk said...

round circle on cake = round bowl from kitchen. Pretty simple! LOL

Melissa said...

The train site I was telling you about is sprucecaboose.com