This past week we FINALLY got to go camping, unfortunately, so did everyone else. We decided to stay close so we went up American Fork canyon, and so did everyone else. Needless to say, all the campgrounds were completely full, so we had to keep driving, drive some more, and still drive a little further. We found a place way up the mountain that was extremely isolated. We got out and started to make camp and after 5 minutes we were already worried about being eaten alive by bears, the ants were biting and both kids were crying...not fun. So we drove back down the mountain and checked another campground and guess what! We found a spot! But it was not to be, someone came and claimed it. So (you guessed it) we started driving again. By this time Rachel was getting really good at spotting anything that remotely looked like a possible fire pit and would call out, "There's a spot!" (Even if it was the road) Well just when we thought we would be camping in the backyard and cooking our tinfoil dinners in the oven, we found a spot!!! Why wasn't anyone already there you ask? Oh because you had to cross the river to get to it! And being the only one who writes lists for packing, I was the only one prepared and had the privlidge of hauling everything across the river to our camp site while Rachel, Max, Logan, and Chief watched. (Max only had tennis shoes, so he couldn't help haul everything across the river) I actually didn't mind it at all until I realized that before we could go to bed I had to haul anything with food or food remnants back to the car, and that wasn't that bad either, it was having to haul it all back first thing in the morning so we could eat! That's when it was freezing!!! I don't know how that man survived in the river for 16 hours this past week, I tell you, I feel his pain! But believe it or not, I was not the one complaining about a thing, I loved every minute of it! Camping is one of my happy spots in life. (Even if I have to pee in bushes and then hold Rachel to pee in bushes too.) Here's some photos, and of course I took a shot of the river I came to know so well...it is much wider than it looks!








We had to get a little creative at times, we had no water source (just a river mocking us) no latrines, no tables, no nothing. It was a lot of fun though.
14 comments:
so cute looks like fun!! I want to go camping!!!
Is Max really that bad at helping?? It sounds like you basically did it all. If so, I'd have a good chat between the two of you and do some good compromising.
wow you are a trooper. How fun, it looks like you had a ton of fun. I would much rather get wet then camp right next to a bumch of people
That sounds like fun!!! I haven't been camping for ssoo long!!!
You're so tough, Maria! I'm very impressed, and it looks like you camped in a really beautiful place! How fun!!
I am impressed. You can cook everthing, sew anything, make anything, and do anything, so that doesn't surprise me that you can suvive in the wilderness by yourself too! You are great. Thanks again for your help that one eventful evening. Let's hope that never happens again.
FUN!! Corey and I love going camping as well, we should go together sometime. I added you to my blog (hope you don't mind). Check ours out at coreyandshari.blogspot.com!
I think it looks perfect!! With all the hard work they will remember camping more then anyother trips.
Would you quit leaving town?!?!? I miss you:)! Glad you are having so much fun...we really wish we could have come. I think Max would have had enough of me after 24 hours though...we'd be separated Maria and get reprimanded from Max and J! You are darling! I love you!
I love love love camping! I am having major withdrawals right now!! I still want to try roasting starbursts!
Looks like fun! We love to camp too! To bad we don't live closer to you guys to go together.
Looks like fun!
How fun! I miss all the canyons... If we get to come back next year we will definitely take advantage of them more!
Wow - that is so not my type of camping, but I am glad you had a fun time :)
Post a Comment