20 years ago...
I finished kindergarten (Mrs. Blacks class) and was looking forward to a summer at my cabin and playing night games with all the neighbor kids. I'm not sure if it was the summer I started kissing my neighbor David Neilson.
10 years ago...
I was 16 and the world revolved around me! Wait, it still does. I was dating my high school sweetheart Ben Jemmett ("Mr. Fine") and went water skiing at Blacktale every other day. I worked half the summer at a greenhouse and spent the other half in Chicago with my sister Melanie. That was the summer I got so tan that a black man asked me if I was black.
5 years ago...
I was pregnant and VERY sick with Rachel. We lived in our first house in Logan and were busy remodeling the basement. We had just gotten Chief our dog and spent all summer taking long walks in the canyons by our home. In May of that year I had just gotten accepted into the interior design program at Utah State 3 days after I found out my ego was prego (for all you Juno lovers out there)
3 years ago...
We had just gotten the news that Max's company was relocating from Logan to Salt Lake and we had to move. I spent the summer painting the house and selling it, then moving our house into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment just behind our house where we lived for 4 months until our house here was built. I spent the summer with my friend Natalie, we tanned, swam, shopped, and slumber partied the nights away!
1 year ago...
I went to Kauwii with Max and left Rachel and Logan (5 months old) You want sore boobs? Try pumping for a week on airplanes, cars, in airport bathrooms and every other semi-private location I could find. Thank goodness I had my friend Audrey pumping right beside me in the bathrooms and cars! Ahh the memories! I was still adjusting to life with two kids and just hung out here with my great neighbors and the freakin' huge batch of kids we all have! :) I was saying goodbye to my great neighbor Jessica and my little sister Annie (both moved to the mid-east for their husband's education) and was welcoming my sister Michelle who moved up from Vegas. We camped with our neighbors and we (Max and I) also went to Seaside Oregon and I don't remember much because my nose was buried in the second Twilight book.


(Camping right by where the mines collapsed last year)

(Seaside Oregon)
So far this year...
I went to Costa Rica with Max for 7 glorious days, took my kids to Disney Land, turned 26, started my love obsession with blogging, I serve as the secretary in the Relief Society (definitely not one of my strengths, but learning) and I hang out everyday with all my great friends and neighbors. It's true, my brother Brandon is living with us for a few months and he said to me, "You're gone every single night!" It's true, there's book club, Bachelorette parties, game nights, craft nights, movie nights, camp fire on the driveway nights, you name it and we do it! And now I am just trying to soak up every moment of everyday this summer. I figure I'll probably be prego again by next so I better enjoy a throw-up free summer while I can!


Yesterday I...
Woke up at 9:30 (thanks to Rachel who takes care of herself and Logan who slept till 10:30!) Exercised, finally showered at noon and then hosted a water party in my front yard with my friend Audrey and her kids and a few extras. We set up pools and a slip-n-slide and sat on the front porch drinking fresh squeezed strawberry lemonades and ate egg salad sandwiches. At 2 a thunderstorm came out of nowhere so we cleaned up and I took a short nap with my kids (I'm telling ya, we stay at home moms have it great! Hah! ) After a dinner of Chicago dogs and corn on the cob on the front porch the girls in the neighborhood and I watched the Bachelorette at my house and ate banana cookies and more fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade. I then blogged till 1:00 am.

(Logan and Parker at the water party yesterday)
Today I...
Slept till nine again (I love you Rachel!) Exercised while babysitting sleeping Truman (my neighbors tiny baby) showered, played outside, cleaned my house and folded the laundry that should have been done 3 days ago, then Jen (brandon's wife) and their two kids got here and we hung out outside, ate dinner, then I had a Presidency meeting. When I got home we went ice blocking at a hill by our house, came home and watched King of Queens and Everybody loves Ramond and am still blogging at 1:33 am.

(check out Logan's face, and of course Chief is a part of everything!)


(Crash and Burn!)


Later tonight...
I hope to go to bed early (1:00 am is early people!)
Tomorrow...
I'll sleep till 9 (I doubt that, I have company) will exercise, take my kids swimming at our neighborhood pool (that's an invite for all you neighbors out there to join me!) and enjoy another hot summer day!
This year I hope to....
Read a lot more books, camp the summer away, learn to scuba (no I will never get over that obsession Max!) Make my graveyard even bigger (Halloween is my favorite holiday) and enjoy my last year with just two kids.

I tag....
Miranda, Jen Finch, Melissa, and Jessica Hammond, Carly, and AUDREY (there, now maybe she'll update her blog :))
Now this means you have copy this "tag" and put your own answers in.



10 comments:
Maria,
You are so funny. Loved reading about what you've been up to. Hope your rice turned out ok. Also, reading this made me realize the world I miss out on by having to be in bed around 8pm. You seriously go to sleep about 1 1/2-2 hours before I get up!! I feel like I live in a different time zone!
So Cute!!! We do have so much fun! You are a riot!!
Loved this. It is fun to look back on our lives. It is important to not forget every mile stone. I love the picture of your old house.
It took me a second before I realized you put Jen Finch, our Jen Finch! Yeah way to put the pressure on Jen! So I can't promise I will follow through on your tag, but I will try! Besides my life isn't nearly as exciting as yours....heck I drink lemonade from frozen concentrate!
So cute Maria. I just loved reading this about you. Your life is not boring at all. You are a riot and a ton of fun.
Cute Tag that was fun to read, and I lover your background. It is really cute!!
Wow woman, you had a lot of time on your hands...and you say you have nothing to tag about...you crack me up! I love you and this post was very cute! It's about time I saw the home you just love and the BIG trees! We need big trees! You are a doll hun. Cute post.
Don't tag me. You know I am going to let you down. Just Kidding, I'll see if I can get it in. You're great, thanks for the memories!
Geez! Leave Me Alone! I have better things to do today then play your silly tag game!J/K I will get to it maybe 20 years from now! I had the best thing happen to me today! You remember about a month ago when I deleted my whole blog well my friend Janeal was telling me about a service called blog lines that is free and it makes blog surfing so much easier cause it shows you the people who have new posts (I am still working on setting up that part) anyways.... I was at bloglines and put in my blog and guess what I found almost all my old posts! Yeah for me! All I had to do was copy and paste! So that is what I have been doing for the last hour instead of responding to my pushy sister! Man do I hold the record for the longest comment or what?
Poosie Doo- I love your new template! I'm so sad I didn't get to see you more, but lets all hope we get to move back next year! Miss you!
Post a Comment