
Nothing makes you feel like a sucessful mom more the potty training of a 2 year old!!! Although, I can't give myself too much credit this time. Logan is AWESOME! He made potty training a breeze! It was ten times harder with Rachel.
At about 18 months Logan pooped on the potty for the first time, then randomly he would do it from then on out. For Christmas he got some Thomas the Train underwear from Santa to hopefully motivate him. The day after Christmas, Rachel was going to the bathroom and I just randomly asked Logan if he would like to try. He was so excited and said, "YES! I do a poopoo!!!" Max commented, "Yeah, if you do I'll give you a candy bar the size of your head!" (obviously we underestimated Logan's pooping abilities) So I put him on the toilet, and about 20-30 seconds later he declares, "All done!" and when I pulled him off, low and behold there was something floating in the toilet! I don't think I even saw him push once! So of course there was a huge celebration over the whole thing. Later that day, about an hour or two later I said, "Do you want to go again?" and he said, "Yeah! I do poopoo!" I thought "yeah right" - I obviously hadn't learned my lesson. Same thing, less than 30 seconds on the pot, and there was a floater! No effort at all! So since then he pretty much pooped on the potty everyday, but I wasn't willing to put in the time and effort to actually get him full on trained.
About a month ago I finally decided to do it. It went so smoothly! No accidents for 10 days! And I have to say, the only 2 accidents he has had were completely my fault, but they ended up being a good thing because he learned he hates wetting himself. 4 out of 5 mornings he wakes up dry. I still diaper him for naps and night time, more because I hate changing crib sheets. (as if I could right now anyway!)
I've been too afraid to post this, thinking I might jinx myself because really it has just been too easy! But I finally feel confident that we are done! Yeah!!!!
Just a few tips that made this easy:
1. When we were trying to teach him to pee on the potty we put cherrios or fruit loops in the toilet and told him to pee on them! What kid doesn't love to pee on something! (thanks to my mother-in-law for that tip)
2. Sometimes the only way to get him to have the urge to go was by turning on the faucet really low so it sounded like peeing - worked like a charm.
The sad part is, we just finished with diapers only to start all over again in 8 weeks, oh- well, I have this life goal to never have two kids in diapers at the same time - so far so good!



13 comments:
Reading this makes me want to cry. I had 3 kids yesterday in diapers and two of them (Boston and Sadie) decided to poop 2 times in like 3 hours and then of course a newborn that poops a bazillion times in a day. I was potty training Sadie and she was doing pretty good, but then we had a crazy busy week and I stopped. I have learned my lesson, because now it is going to be SO much harder in the summer time when we are at the park all the time. Wish me luck :0
For me Kylee was so much harder then Carter too. I think boys are easier then girls...my personal opinion. Yay, You are lucky. I will have two in diapers for a while. Cambree will be barely two when my baby is born and I don't think she quite gets it to start now. I have tried. Congrats!
Way to GO little man! And I mean go in the literal sense. LOL
I have never seen your blog! I don't know how though!~
So McKelle just potty trained this last week too! SOOO nice! I am right there with you. (except for no baby in 3 weeks ;)
I'm so jealous! Sounds like it was a breeze to train Logan and typically I hear that boys are nightmares! I have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot of diaper canging before Boston'll be even close!
Way to go Logan! How are you feeling Maria?
Way to go Logi Bear! He looks so cute in his big boy underwears!
Thanks now I have the "I am Big Kid now" jingle stuck in my head. Yeah, I think Mom deserves a candybar the size of her head for having another kid going on the pot! Wish I could watch you heave that tummy over the edge of the crib.....good times! So are you going to bring that tummy my way? Huh?
I so hope you just jinxed yourself....hahahaha! The only issue now is you need to get a porta potty for outside...no more cutting me off mid-story to run Logan into the bathroom while I'm in serious conversation while lying in a lawn chair. Oh, wow...maybe I'll wait for Binnie to start potty training until next winter so I don't have to interrupt our 3 hour chat sessions while our children run the neighborhood!
FYI, I changed my bog background not long after Christmas and atleast here at my house it was changed. Mir just informed me today that she thought it was time to get rid of the Christmas theme. I wonder why you still saw the old background? Got to love technology!
Maria, he looks sooo big in that picture! What a cutie - good job getting it done so early! It is great not having any diapers to change, isn't it....no matter how short lived it is
Way to go on the potty training! I still haven't bit the bullet with my baby, she's 27 months old. I'm just not ready to be potty-trained! I change her diaper like once a day, easy... but, you've got me thinking! Good luck with the baby, I'm glad to hear that things are looking better for the kidney, my hubby only has one! Jules
lol...omg...no! believe me, when that day comes, in the long distant future i hope (though i guess you never know), i will be announcing it in bright neon letters so there won't be any question. :P
Post a Comment