Sunday, November 2, 2008

HaLlOwEeN fUn...

Maybe some of you noticed that I have been absent from the blog world for a few weeks, reason being I was so busy making costumes and everything else life throws at you. So I apologize for the long post but it's for my own memory keeping.

This year was a BLAST!!! Rachel and Logan were so into the whole spirit of Halloween! And you wouldn't believe the bags of candy we have in our house now. Rachel wanted to be Bell so I decided to force Logan into being the Beast. I figured it's probably the last year that I'll have any say in what he is.

Question: How many yards of shiny yellow satin does it take to make a Bell ballgown?
Answer: 8 1/2 yards



But it was worth everything in the end





Logan was our little "Beast" quite appropriate depending on the day.
Fortunately it didn't take nearly as much yardage to make his.



They had more trick or treating than should be legal. We had our ward party and trunk-or-treat on Tuesday, on Wednesday Rachel got to go at preschool and then on Halloween they got to go to Spillman (Max's work) and then the original trick-or-treating that night. (hence the bags and bags of candy now in our house)
All this trick or treating really wore them out. This is them conked out on the way to daddy's work.





trick-or-treating at daddy's work



And of course we can't leave out our pumpkins. We love carving pumpkins!!!
But first you have to go get the pumpkins. By our house is this great pumpkin patch that a farmer does, it's so fun for the kids. There's a free mini corn maze, tons and tons of pumpkins and tractors for the kids to sit on. They love it.













So Happy Halloween to everyone! (Even if it is two days late)

18 comments:

Liz Smith said...

Rachel is beautiful. :) you did such a good job on her dress! happy late halloween. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That Bell dress is exactly like Bell's, just smaller:). She looks so beautiful, especially with her little beast. That was a TON of candy. Those were the days. luv ya!
/jan

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Wow, Poo, you are amazing! You know I only wanted to come back to Utah to be around your wonderful talent! Good luck getting rid of all that candy!

Jessica said...

WOW! Both of those costumes turned out SOOO cute, I love Logan's face makeup too! Nice work!

Jen said...

Great job on the dress! It looks awesome. Very cute pumpkins too.

Sadie said...

Okay, I can't believe you made that! It does, it looks just like Bell's dress. Great job Maria! and fun for Rachel, she gets to wear the beautiful dress!

Nadine said...

good job...their costumes look fab. you didn't post any pics of your graveyard and decorations though. i look forward to seeing those.

Melissa said...

Great costumes! Meesh told me about the Belle costume. I can only dream about sewing something other than a straight line. Thanks for the Martha comment but I am sooo far from her it is not even funny! Or maybe it is funny! LOL Martha would appreciate the secret word I have to type. It is BAKED! HEE-HEE

Lara Zierke said...

That's the best Belle dress I've ever seen. You definitely have your mom's talent. Logan is so precious as the beast. It's great you had them coordinate. Hopefully you can take a breath and relax now.

Miranda said...

Well done! The dress turned out beautiful! You are so talented! Gosh I wish my kid would hurry and grow so we can keep up this tradition of me benefiting greatly from your talents one year later. No seriously the costumes were a hit! THanks! I am so busy I can't even do a post about our Halloween. I am the worst Mom ever. Maybe I will just post next years and this years in one post!

Windy said...

You are amazing and I love your Martha Stewartness...You never cease to amaze! Great job on the costumes and thanks for the awesome craft night. I would love to host another one next month, you just tell me what to do haha!

Liz Smith said...

hey maria, i'm putting our christmas card list together...would you mind emailing me your address?? we'd like to send you guys one. thanks!!

lizsmith3013@gmail.com

Ryan & Keri said...

Holy . . . Wow, Maria!!! You made those costumes??! I'm so impressed, and Rachel looks BEAUTIFUL!!! You are such a great mom! I love your guys' pumpkins too. It looks like you had a great time this year--so glad for you.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you did a fabulous job! They're absolutely darling. Rachel had to feel like the most beautiful princess in the world that night. Your're pumpkins are just so cute too. It looks like you had a great Halloween.

E Winzeler said...

Their costumes were amazing...you have such an amazing talent! I'm glad I benefit from your talent on a weekly basis :) Seriously, their costumes rocked! You put so much time into them and they turned out great! Hey, who carved the pumpkin with the huge smile on the far right? It is by far the best one :)! Love you guys and we always have such a fun time with you guys!

Janae said...

That Belle dress is amazing!!! Holy Cow - that was definetly a labor of love! It probably wasn't cheaper to make it though-was it?
Logan sure is adorable. What fun pumpkins!
See ya soon

audrey said...

How fun! The costumes, the pumpkins, the candy! We didn't even carve pumpkins this year. Nobody asked so I didn't say anything about it!

Tracy Giles said...

Awesome costumes!!! You are a woman of many talents :) The kids look great!