In March Max and I got to go to Costa Rica for 7 days with 7 other couples from Spillman Technologies (his work) It was an amazing trip! We went to three different locations while we were there, San Jose, Arenal Volcano, and Liberia. We did some really fun things like swim in a waterfall in the rain forest, swim in hot springs created by the volcano (it's the really cool night picture that looks green), sleep at the base of an active volcano, zip line, and snorkle. There were monkeys in the trees outside our hotel rooms and bugs and iguanas everywhere! One of my very favorite parts of our trip was in La Fortuna (the Arenal Volcano) It was so neat, the volcano erupted in the 70's and has been constantly smoking since, (you'll see the pictures) The lava flowed while we were there, but during the day you can't see the red, just the ashes and lava balls jumping down the side of the volcano. There was a big eruption we didn't get to see because the clouds were in the way, but our last night I could see the red lava making the crater and the sky above it glow red. It was so fascinating and beautiful. It's a beautiful place but I am so grateful to be an American. I thought my house was close to my neighbors, but there they are literally stacked on top of each other and built sharing walls. The "nice" houses weren't any larger than my garage (and I complain it's too small to hold my junk!) We are so blessed to have all we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment